Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Last September, while in Maui, I had the great opporunity to participate in a 3 day plein air workshop with Ronaldo Macedo. Ronaldo's work is shown in Lahaian Galleries among others.
The days started at 8 and ended after 5 pm. We painted in a beach park, at the harbor up in the mountains and on the beach. At each location Ronaldo did a demonstration and then we wer expected to complete a painting.

For a "studio" painter this was a challenging experience. Working with only 6 primary colors and learning to mix paint was a great learning experience

My first attempts at plein air were dismal; but on the last day I did one that I was pleased with and I believe Ronaldo was too. If you are every in Maui in September check out his website, maybe the timing will be right for you to paint on Maui. He also is at the Gallery on Friday nights

No comments:

Post a Comment